|HH The Dalai Lama Lecture 2004|
|Ten Basic Principles that Inspire the Work of Temenos|
1. Acknowledgement of Divinity.
2. Love of wisdom, as the essential basis of civilisation.
3. Spiritual vision, as the life-breath of civilisation.
4. Maintenance of the revered traditions of mankind.
5. Understanding of tradition as continual renewal.
6. The provision of teaching by the best teachers available of their disciplines, and of publications which set the highest standard in both content and design.
7. Mindfulness that the purpose of teaching is to enable students to apply in their own lives that which they learn.
8. To make Temenos known to all those who may benefit from its work.
9. Reminding ourselves and those we teach to look up and not down.
10. Governance of The Temenos Academy itself in the light of the above principles.